Chapter 6 : Orders
This chapter explores aspects of the Order process in detail, including features around payments, cart & checkouts, and the powerful modules that can enhance the order process experiences.
- Enables integration with external PSP for handling electronic payments
- SAP Commerce Cloud Product Extensions (SAP App Center)
- Hosted Order Page (HOP)
- Payment form generated and hosted by payment provider
- Data sent directly to provider
- Silent Order Post (SOP)
- Payment form generated by Commerce Cloud site – so you have complete control over its layout
- Form POSTs directly to payment provider
- No controller or other business logic on Commerce Cloud site has access to credit card data
- The payment service structure is complex but flexible. It allows fluid changes throughout, including changing the payment service provider
The order process is customized by an xml file that is relatively easy to configure (order-process.xml).
Supported Order customization
Hubs exist for:
Assisted Service Module (ASM)
The Assisted Service Module (ASM) is a backoffice-agnostic overlay of your storefronts, allowing CS agents to guide customers through the purchase process in real time. To access, in URL add ?asm=true. From ASM you can select a customer and see what they would see. Items can be placed in cart for customers and even checkout for the customers. Customer service agents can apply coupons to the customer’s order to encourage order completion. With the 360* view feature, CS agents can see customer color preferences, recently saved carts, and interests. ASM can also be accessed directly from backoffice with the click of a button in the customers menu.
Why ASM? The business gains the benefit of better customer service. You can help customers complete their online purchase journey by reducing abandoned shopping carts (68% of carts are abandoned). This means higher conversion rates and revenue. Further, there is a cost reduction in CS training, as CS agents are not required to understand backoffice or other more abstracted CS solutions.
More ASM features
With the ASM, you can quickly access any customer, searching for their information. You can also create customers by typing their first name, last name, and email address in the search bar in a formatted way. (ASM usually doesn’t allow the setting of a customer’s password; use the forgotten password link on the login page to send a password reset email.)
Backoffice Customer Support Module
There are two out of the box CS roles
- Customer support agent (CustomerSupportAgent password: 1234)
- Customer support manager (CustomerSupportManager password: 1234)
ASM =/= CS Module. CS Module is backoffice.
Customer Support Cockpit
Out of the box, SAP Commerce cloud includes the backoffice customer support module and with it the customer support cockpit. It provides much of the same functionality of the ASM – but in a different way. In addition to many ASM features, the cockpit allows you to:
- Close inactive support tickets
- Take actions according to the inbuilt fraud detection mechanism
- Manage product reviews
- React to customer tickets
Customers get a point system to determine their fraud likelihood. Each symptom demonstrated will increase points. Each shop can set multiple thresholds for fraud services to reject orders or require further authentication or require customer service review. The limit can be set in HAC.
CSA specific promotions & coupons
By setting the Customer Support value to TRUE on a coupon or promotion, the promotion will only be available for a CS agent to apply to an order. These are normal promitions with one additional condition.
Order Management Module
Order management is not included in the standard package. Users must pay extra for this functionality. It offers:
- Real-time inventory management across all stock locations (ATP via Backoffice or OCC)
- Automated order workflow
- Order splitting, sourcing (assigning full or partial orders to a stockroom location) & allocation
- Ability to pick, pack, label, and confirm shipments through the Backoffice Order Fulfillment Cockpit
- Ability to create and manage returns (also with restock ability) and refunds
- Ability to view fraud reports, payment details, and customer information
- Customer support integration
- Accelerator integration (also with self-service cancellation)
These features are available out of the box. Each step can be configured independently or disabled entirely.
Send Return Label email process
The quality of an item that can be promised to a potential buyer from a particular base store or point of service. The calculation takes stock levels and inventory events into accounts.
Local ATP Calculation (Point of Service)
Availability of an SKU at a specific Point of Service.
Global ATP calculation (Base Store)
Availability of an SKU accross all stockroom locations.
ATP formulas determine stock level calculations from Backoffice.